Mohs Surgery Reconstruction St. Louis
Dr. Brandon T. Beal, MD, is a fellowship-trained Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon in St. Louis, FL. He is deeply committed to personalized patient care.
What is Reconstructive Surgery?
The goal of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery is to restore normal form and function. Your facial anatomy has different contours, skin textures, as well as subtle color differences. The contours, textures, and colors must be restored to recreate your normal appearance when restoring form and function.
Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery St. Louis
Dr. Brandon T. Beal, MD, FAAD, is a fellowship-trained Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon in St. Louis, FL. Dr. Beal is deeply committed to personalized patient care. Dr. Beal will carefully examine your facial features, skin quality, and wound during your consultation to create an individualized treatment plan. Dr. Beal uses both skin flaps and skin grafts to repair Mohs surgery wounds. He will discuss your options, offer guidance on the best options, and together with you will proceed with the best plan.
Recovery After Mohs Surgery Reconstruction
Once your reconstruction is complete, you will return home to benign the healing process.
- There will be a pressure bandage in place for 24-48 hours
- You should keep the wound dry for 24 hours. If you have a skin graft, you will need to keep it dry and protected for 2-3 weeks.
- Typical recovery takes 1-4 weeks.
- During the first 1-4 weeks, it is normal to experience bruising, swelling, and mild discomfort.
- You should avoid strenuous activity for the first week after surgery
- Wounds heal best if you avoid the sun
- For most patients, their surgical site will be well healed and minimally noticeable within 3-4 weeks after surgery.
- Scars take 1 year to heal and mature fully
- We will provide you detailed verbal and written instructions on the day of your surgery.
Schedule Your Consultation
If you are preparing to undergo Mohs surgery for skin cancer, we encourage you first to schedule a consultation with our fellowship-trained St. Louis Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, Dr. Brandon T. Beal, MD, FAAD. Dr. Beal is deeply committed to personalized patient care and ensuring each patient receives the best possible outcome.